After School Program Instructor
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR
General Statement of Duties: Responsible for working as part of our after school program team to provide an academic support and enrichment program at elementary and middle school sites in the city of Orange.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Work cooperatively with the After School Program Director and Site Supervisor to implement academic support and enrichment activities at either elementary or middle school program site.
- Support the vision and goals of the after school program.
- Deliver a variety of activities including academic support, homework support, physical education, arts, recreation, character education, and other enrichment clubs.
- Assist in creating and implementing program activities at assigned program site.
- Assist with inventory and maintain quality condition of supplies and equipment.
- Work cooperatively with Site Supervisor and school staff to collect and maintain records and support on going program evaluation.
- Participate in on-going trainings, workshops and professional development opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work 5 days per week in the afternoons between the hours 1:00pm – 6:00pm
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of college courses or 48 college units or equivalent job experience in the fields of human services, social work, education or related field.
- Must have experience working with children either as paid staff or volunteer.
- Familiarity of youth development concepts and programs, especially for school-age children.
- Excellent interaction skills with children, including classroom and behavior management.
- Positive interpersonal and highly effective time management skills.
- Flexibility and ability to “think on your feet”.
- Highly energetic and active, as well as creative and resourceful.
- Must be proficient in English. A second language is desirable.
Job Type: Part-time
Young people want to shape the world.
Camp Fire provides the opportunity to find their spark, lift their voice, and discover who they are.
In Camp Fire, it begins now.
Light the fire within